I am very excited to bring you my second Wedding Flower Workshop where we will not only cover the techniques and designing of Large Scale Installs BUT also Wiring which is an essential skill for any budding new florist.
The day is set to be very relaxed, informal yet inspiring and informative with Tea, coffee and biscuits to keep us going.
I will be leading the workshop in partnership with Hanna Mulcahy (of Bespoke Flowers by Hanna). Hanna and I have worked together for over 4 years now, Hanna grows the most amazing flowers and brings a wealth of floristry and growing knowledge to the day.
The format for the day is similar to last year BUT with added learning! Working as part of a small groups you will create a large install with myself, swapping to learn about wiring in the afternoon so each group has a session with each florist.
The day will be captured by a Professional photographer too – name to be announced.
The Wedding Flower Workshop will run as below:
- 9am- Arrival with teas & coffees.
- 9.15-9.30am- Welcome & introduction.
- 9.30- 10am- Presentation to re-useable & alternative install mechanics.
- 10- 12.30pm- Working in teams:
GROUP 1: Installs with Hannah W.
GROUP 2: Wire work with Hanna M.
- 12.30 – 1.15pm- Lunch.
- 1.30 – 4pm- Working in teams:
GROUP 1- Wire work with Hanna M.
GROUP 2- Installs with Hannah W.
- 4 – 4.30pm- Tidy & Final photos.
- 4.30- 5pm – Close and Goodbyes.
- Guided tuition by established florist / flower growers- Ask us anything!
- Professional BTS photos of you and your work.
- All flowers and mechanics will be provided.
- Self serve teas, coffees and biscuits.
- Full access to Barns and Yard venue and grounds.
Why should you book?
- Learn from experienced florists who specialize in using British Flowers and adopt foam free practises.
- Build your confidence to create larger foam free installations.
- Master fiddly & tricky wire work, creating your own floral headpiece which is yours to keep.
- You’ll get access to the professional photos- clients LOVE behind the scenes photos (and of course seeing what you create).
- Super networking opportunity.
- A great chance to create content for your social channels.
PLEASE NOTE : to attend the workshop YOU WILL NEED to bring the below items with you :
- Your own snips.
- A packed lunch.
While I personally love a good lunch (who doesn’t), the feedback from last year was overwhelmingly in favour of BYO; keeping us focussed on the objective of learning.
I do hope that you will join myself and Hanna, we are excited to share our knowledge with you and answer any burning questions you have about the world of Wedding Flowers.
Please find a copy of my T&Cs HERE and discover other Floral Workshops HERE